Google Chrome is out!
Finally. Google Chrome is out!
It was just a matter of time before Google would release their first browser. Google is now becoming the world’s second Microsoft and there’s hardly anywhere left to turn on the web and on your computer without running into Google one way or the other. And now the latest addition: Google Chrome. So, how good is it really?
Feels like Opera
In my previous article, referencing the Norwegian newspaper dagbladet.no I said that it felt a lot like Opera. I used to prefer Opera over Internet Explorer; that was before I switched to Firefox. Now I think I’m ready to switch back to Opera, I mean Chrome. Google’s browser is indeed inspired by the Opera, the Norwegian web browser.
How do I like it?
What do I like?
- Speed. It’s so FAST, much faster than the FOX or Mickeysoft.
- One box for Everything : Web search. Web history. Address bar. Suggestions as you type. One unified box serves all your browsing needs. This will take some time to get used to, but I like it.
- Spell Check all over the place and so easy to switch interface langauge. Being multilingual and emailing/connecting with people in other countries is a breeze.
- Go into into Icognito (Private) mode with a few clicks, simply type CTRL+SHIFT+N.
- Still a bit unstable, suddenly the browser hangs for a second or two for no apparent reason.
- It appears to have problems with Flash; some sites will not work or display correctly.
PC World: Google Chrome against the world
Wall Street Journal: Google Redefines Web Browser
dagbladet.no: Her kan du laste ned Chrome
Dagens IT: Google Chrome parkerer alle